Wednesday, August 19, 2015

A Great Tuesday (a troublesome Tuesday night)

Rob and I walked around the point you can see in the background and further.

On Tuesday I went for a bike ride for a few hours and then I went for a long walk with my friend Rob along the Fraser River from Wreck Beach. I assume that it was the bike ride that did me in because I have not ridden a bike for over a year and it was my upper leg muscles that were the problem.

I could not go to sleep due to the intense pain of cramps in the muscles of my legs. It would start in my upper leg and then spread to my lower legs as I used those muscles to try to stop the pain in my upper leg muscles.

I had to stand and walk, do crunches and hop back and forth from one foot to the other to get the cramps to stop. They were brutal. I also drank lots of water. Eventually, of course, I fell asleep but when I woke up, as soon as I moved my legs, I started cramping again.

I have never experienced this type of cramping before so today I will start with some Magnesium and Calcium supplements to my diet.

No comments: