Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Tests and Trouble

Yesterday was a very good day. We walked where there were no hills and where the trail was shaded, and I had a spa that has now cooled to 91°—down from 102°, the winter temperature. I did mild chores and perched on the chaise longue to read. I felt good about life again. I have not yet heard from my doctor, and that’s fine with me. I will be calm and more confident when I see or talk to him.

Another reason yesterday was a good day is that I had absolutely no reaction whatsoever to the second Covid vaccination that I had on Monday afternoon. And I’m enjoying reading Julien Barnes for the first time; I’m reading Arthur and George, and it’s a great read.

I went for a dog walk with my friends this morning. I requested we shorten our walk and that was fine with Regina and Di. When I got home, I went to the lab for an ECG and blood test. The lab is in our medical clinic and the doctor’s offices are above it. I had my tests and then was asked to drop off a form to my doctor.

There are 13 steps between the floors. It was my mistake to try to do all 13 steps at once. When I got to the top of the stairs, I collapsed. I didn’t faint; I was conscious the entire time. I was gasping for breath and my legs were too weak to support me. But it was a good place to have trouble.  

I rested until I felt well enough to walk. That was maybe five minutes. When I walked to my car. I had to rest again. Something is very wrong. I’m going back tomorrow morning when Dr. Majic has the results of my tests.

When I got home. I had a nap, ate lunch and had another nap, watered the gardens and here I am writing this post at 2:30. Thank God I live in a house on one floor. 
















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Chris. Its been a while. It’s Carl. Get in touch at carlus@rocketmail.com. Big kiss