Monday, July 22, 2024

5 Minutes of Rain

Quelle surprise! It was heavily overcast yesterday morning, so I took advantage of the cool dark weather to enjoy a day without watering. It was so dark, I needed to turn lights on, but I kept all the screened doors and windows open. For Sunday, my day, it was ideal weather. I’d wanted to get things done, but instead I chose idleness. Again! It’s allowed on Sundays.

Just past noon, it rained for about five minutes, and oh the fragrances that were released in the forest! That wonderful smell of rain in a dry, dry forest is fabulous and it filled the house. It’s so wonderfully peaceful on days like yesterday—especially on Sundays. It was quiet and still outside. I felt only calmness.

It was a thoroughly pleasant day and evening, but such a day affords to so little to report. Today we are back to blazing sunshine, but it’s not as hot and rain is predicted for Wednesday. I hope that comes to pass, and I hope the cooler temperatures motivate me to get some yard work done.

And good-bye Joe. Now let’s see what happens next on the shit show. 
















No comments: