Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Lovin' the Yard Work!

Tuesday began with a session with Dr. Shoja, followed by a walk with Her Highness in the forest, and then watering—endless, endless watering to keep my babies alive and thriving. 

I had little prepared for Dr. S., but we easily talked our way through the hour. She believes that my shortness of breath was heart/pacemaker related and not due to Clonazepam. We had a good chat that included discussion of the Celine Dion movie on Netflix. Celine has a condition that seems very much like mine, but instead of seizures like I have, her muscles tense up when she is triggered, and her triggers are the same as my triggers.

Dr. S. has given me a three-month prescription to Clonazepam because it appears to both of us that it is beneficial for me. She’s writing to the pacemaker clinic to tell them a little about me and the rationale behind her diagnosis. Clonazepam slightly slows the respiratory impulse, and she wants to inform my pacemaker technicians.

It takes hours of every day to keep my plants alive, and there is not likely to be a change in the weather for quite a while. But I have watering down to a science, and if I stay home every day, it’s going to be easy to keep the gardens in good shape through this heat spell. Plus, I got a few other yardwork projects done between bouts of watering. 

I weed whacked the yard because there were bazillions of dandelions in bloom and I didn't want them to go to seed and spread their kind in the yard. And then I started raking up all the Summer forest fall—cones, caps and twigs. I have huge piles of the stuff scattered through the yard. I'll be toting them all to the forest dump behind the fence.

I’m really thrilled with the Virginia Creeper I planted. Each plant has several shoots heading up the walls. Right now, they are all very short, but they are growing fast, and it positively thrills me to see how well they are doing. In a couple of years, my northwest wall is going to be a wonder of foliage and colour.

It might not be quite as hot today. I’ll continue with my yard work today. I’m looking forward to doing the work because it is not too trying, and the results are so satisfying. Watering will, of course, be a big part of the day. 















No comments: