Friday, July 19, 2024

Dianne Departs; I Nap a Lot

wednesday

Wednesday began with Sheba and I enjoying the refreshing morning air while Dianne packed her things into her car. When we got back, Dianne and I went into the village to pick up some food from Ground Up to bring home and eat on the deck here at home. Then I said good bye to her and I went to bed where Sheba and Ethel joined me.

I watered in the afternoon, but only the front garden and edible beds. I lazed the afternoon and evening away, happy to be back to being alone, but I loved every second of Di’s visit. We’ve known each other since college, and so we are very comfortable together. She is a dear friend who visits often. Lucky, lucky me.

I crashed onto the chaise at 4:00, rose to make dinner, back to the chaise for a movie and early to bed.

thursday

Thursday got off to a slow start. Sheba refused to walk when we went to our favourite trail, so I came home with her to water and then to have lunch. I kept wanting to lie down. I had 3 naps before 1:00 pm. I am too pooped to function. Perhaps it’s the heat, but it’s probably also Di’s visit and the hospital day. However, I am tired of this endless heat, and I’m getting tired of the endless watering.

I took Her Highness to a cool trail that I know of, and she was willing to walk there. So, we walked and coming back was brutally hard for me. I’m thinking it’s the heat that is defeating me. I had to keep stopping and resting to get back to the car. 

I was going to go to Chemainus today to meet Leslie, but I cancelled because I just don’t feel up to anything. And I told Bev, who wants me to come to the big island for lunch, that I am not going to go over there until it is much cooler. All I want to do is nap. Regina is convinced it’s the Clonazepam; I think it may be the heat, but something has drastically weakened me.

Today will be another slow day. Just watering and chilling are my goals. We walked with our friends this morning in lovely cool air.
















No comments: