Thursday, July 11, 2024

Bad Heart, Bad President

I am loving these warm days at Pinecone Park. I do 30-45 minutes of work, and then I come into the house to sit in front of a fan and to have a cool drink or two. I move slowly and snack on salty nuts to keep my electrolytes up. Memories of foreign vacations flood my brain as I work because the heat, dryness and smells of the dry, dry earth remind me of my time in Africa and India.

The big chore of every day is watering, but yesterday I weed whacked the edible garden paths and raked up the cones and fallen weed heads and twigs, and I did the same thing to the front yard and driveway. I have enough work to keep busy all day, every day and I love that. I always have something to do. P.P. is going to look pretty decent for Di’s visit that begins on Monday.

These are wonderful days. I work until I feel too hot or too tired, and then I come inside. And quite quickly, once I am cooled inside and out, I am keen to return to work. I only need 10-15 minutes of rest to feel rejuvenated. And by watering mornings and nights, I am keeping on top of things easily. I know now, where there is the greatest need for water. My Butter Bur, the huge-leaved plant in my deck garden, needs a lot of water, as do the potatoes growing with the raspberries. I didn’t plant the potatoes, so I’m going to be very keen to see if and what they yield.

I got a lot of work done yesterday because I didn’t need hours of time for watering. My watering is on point. I have a method that works well for both me and the plants that is not overwhelming. I weed whacked and raked the entire yard, leaving many large piles of bud caps, cones and twigs to be collected and dumped today. By 3:00, I was pretty much ready to quit, so I did the last of the day’s watering and then got into my much cooler spa when I was done at 4:00.

Things are not good with my heart/pacemaker. I’ve had three heart attacks (Mis) and two pacemaker incidents, so I know when things are wrong. I could barely make it up Ricki hill this morning. It hurt to walk. And I can’t bend over to pat dogs, or I get very dizzy and faint. I’ve two more weeks to wait until my pacemaker appointment. Until then, I will be taking things slow and easy.

On the other hand, things seem to be building to oust Biden. He should have taken the high road and removed himself. He’d end his career in glory if he did that. Instead, he is going to die a horrid political death one way (getting booted from the ticket) or another (losing to Trump), and he will deserve it. I hope he falls, and I hope he falls hard.






"It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw,
to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence
into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy,
thievery into hour, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism,
and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all.
It merely required no character."  ~Joseph Heller, Catch-22




Earth's electromagnetic layers exposed by light and moisture.





No comments: