Thursday, July 25, 2024

Almost Normal

I have been loving these days of endless sunshine and not too much heat. Of course, I am giddy about how cool my house keeps, even in the hottest weather. What I love is how routine every day is. 

The mornings are mine. I get up early and I read news items, do my blog posting, feed the brood and I do domestic duties such as washing dishes, laundry, vacuuming, etc., and then I walk Her Highness. After that comes watering the backyard beds.  I water everything in the same order every day. Then comes lunch and a rest, followed by a thorough watering of the edible garden beds, and then I am done for a while.

Once the edible garden is done, which is usually around 2:00 in the afternoon, I have a watering break to rest, go into the village to shop, or to do yard work before I return to watering around 4:00. That’s when I do the front bed and the front yard trees. That’s my pattern for every day. It’s not overwhelming, in fact, it’s a pleasant duty. I look at every plant in my garden every day. That has me on top of any problems. Then, the evening is mine., and oh how I love the relaxing evenings knowing that all the plants are watered.

I’ve decided to talk to Dr. Shoja about Clonazepam, but I am inclined to not bother with stopping the drug. I’ve had only one seizure since I started on this drug, and my speech is much better with those with whom it was difficult to speak. I remain mute with strangers (except trail walkers). I feel fine, and I can work on easy chores. Soon, I’ll be going to Eoin and François’ place to fetch rocks and then I plan to build a shallow wall with them. The work will test my endurance and strength somewhat, and that experience will inform my upcoming talk with Dr. S.

Very acceptable speech, here on the island, and only one seizure in the past six weeks, this has me feeling as good as I have ever felt since the onset of C-PTSD and FND. Yes, I still have a noticeable speech problem, but it’s occasional and not all the time. It’s hard to believe that this is all due to .25 mgs of a drug.

I’ll water today and do a little yard work in anticipation of building a new bed this weekend when I get the rocks from Eoin and François. But what I’m really looking forward to is Jillian, an incredible actor and lovely friend whom I’ve known for years, coming to visit this afternoon. I’m so excited about catching up with her and talking theatre. And soon, Bill and Marsha. My theatre gene is vibrating like mad.

   

 















No comments: