Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Salmon: AMAZING!!

iIf you're lucky or you can make this larger, you
will see spawning salmon swimming to the right 
of the rock.

What a difference a day makes! Yesterday was so black. Not today…!

When you are travelling, the emotional impact of something unexpected always seems to vastly outweigh the impact of all anticipated sights and/or experiences. So was it with my walk today. I did not anticipate walking today. I thought it would be raining. But I had a dentist appointment in Lynn Valley at 10:00 and I was out at 10:30. There were high clouds, but it was warm and so I started walking.

I wound up walking all the way home. It was a lovely 15 kilometres (3.5 hours) ending in the bar of the Sylvia Hotel for squid and salad.

Walking along Marine Drive over Mosquito Creek I saw, for the first time in my life (see the video above) spawning salmon. What an incredible treat to see such an amazing sight in the city.

The ocean was very calm!
Heliotrope: A favourite fragrant flower.
The colours of Fall. 


Nothing says Fall like the closed concessions in the park. 
A window seat in the Sylvia Hotel, my favourite bar.

No comments: