Sunday, February 12, 2023

FND on TV

Poor Sheba is sick again. Plus, she stinks. She has another nasty bladder infection. Obviously, the antibiotics administered last time she had such an infection didn’t completely work, so this time, the vet has sent her urine sample to a more sophisticated lab so that the lab can identify the type of bacteria and the right antibiotic. 

I feel so badly for her. I attend to her constantly, bathing her tummy and covering all the furniture with blankets that I can wash so that she can continue to use the furniture. She’s so co-operative. She readily jumps on my bed and rolls over so that I can clean her. She’s an amazing and loving soul.

I suspect the directors will go with bookending my monologue with the videos. I’m going to make another video, this time holding up signs that act like subtitles.



Someone posted th video above on the FND Facebook page, that led to a video of an interview with Tom Plendor, a person with FND. (It's from the UK.) Watching it made me feel awful. Tom knows his stuff. He quotes statistics and quoted from studies; he comes across as very well informed.

The things he says about how people with FND are treated in hospitals, doctors, politicians, welfare & disability programs, and insurance providers, and it thoroughly depressed me. I suppose I’m lucky. I’m retired and have savings and a home. Plus, from all the reading I have done, I have no expectation to get better. If it happens, I’d be delighted, but I do not expect it.

An awful lot of people with FND cannot work. They must learn to live with the condition, and to a life with no income. That’s a very big double-whammy. It complicates everything, everywhere you go, that nobody knows what FND is. I’m lucky I was old when it came on. I’m also very lucky I found Dr. Shoja immediately after getting my diagnosis.

I’m currently enjoying the longest stress-free relationship with the clinic. I think I’ve found my comfort place within the culture of the board. New challenges are on the horizon: social media responsibilities, a large brochure, and the next newsletter—plus, designing it in new software.

And I must revise my will and reconsider who my executor can be. I don’t know anyone young. I’ve been an executor. It was a simple will, of a father for his only son and heir, and it was complicated. They gave me a list of things I had to do at the Memorial Society, so I started doing them, and every time I checked one off as done, I had to add two more things to do to my list.

I reckon I must use a notary or some such profession to handle my estate. Euck. But I must do it. Now that I have a Facebook account, I can comfortably get help with stacking wood this year. That’s another thing I’m going to do.

I used to marble paper a lot as part of my job
with Opus Framing & Art Supplies. Loved it!














No comments: