Friday, February 16, 2024

Another Sunny Day!

Wednesday night, I went to bed at 8:00, and I slept soundly until 5:30 on Thursday morning. When I got up, I fed the pets, lit the fire and did some tidying up in the kitchen, and then I went back to bed for 45 minutes. When I got up, withing minutes I wanted to go back to bed, but I can’t be tired. I reckon I just want to escape.

I did not return to my bed, however. Instead, I got myself dressed for the damp cool air on a sunny morning and took Her Highness for a walkabout. I have been drawn to some changes in our walking. I went to Drumbeg on Wednesday afternoon with her, instead of another round of fetch at Rollo Park. And yesterday morning, we had a long walk on a trail we rarely explore.

We returned home after our walk, and I left Her Highness there and went into the village to. Meet Nancy for a coffee at Mad Rona’s. I have come to value these little visits. It gets me out of the house and some company. And our rendezvous was short; I like that.

The sunshine made me want to be outside, but the coolness of the air kept me inside once I got home. I was born to be warm. As a child, I was always huddled by the furnace vent in the mornings, reading a book or cuddling with one of the pets. It’s hard to get myself outdoors in this brisk morning air, but once out, I love our walks together.

I read for a while, a nice thick wool blanket on my lap. But before long, as clouds rolled in and filled the sky with grey, I felt Sheba needed another walk and I wanted to walk before the clouds thickened, so we got into the car and went to a trail I hadn’t walked since last Summer. It was only 4°m, so I dressed for the cold.

Of course I loved the walk, once we were underway. And when I got home, I was happy to know that for the remainder of the day, I’d be cozy and warm inside the house. I wanted to indulge myself all the rest of the day, because this morning I go to fitness—aka torture.
















No comments: