Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Glorious Sunshine

 After fitness, so many conversations and the exuberance of a day in the sunshine, I was ready for a day of rest yesterday. And the weather helped me achieve that goal because it was uninviting outdoors all morning. But the morning walk was fine. Every day as great when it is not raining. We had a good long walk and came home—she to rest, me to read.

By noon, the sky had cleared, and the bright sunlight made everything look wonderful. As Her Highness continued to rest, I slid into the spa for a lovely midday soak in silence. Then, after some reading, I decided to head into the village to fetch some dog food and, on a whim, I stopped at Ali and Pete’s to see Pete who’s just back after two months away. We had a lovely leisurely visit, and then I went into the village.

On the way home, we stopped at Rollo Park (of course) to play fetch in the sunshine. Then we came home for dinner and an evening together in front of the TV.

John has written to urge me to visit him and Bunny, but I don’t want to go to Vancouver. They are the only reason I go, so they are my most expensive friends to maintain. Every time I visit them, it costs me $250+. Allyson has written to me as well. She and Peter are coming to Vancouver in April/May and will come to visit. That’s very exciting news. I can hardly wait to see them.

Today will be another beauty of a day. In fact, the entire rest of the week is expected to be sunny and bright. I’m thrilled. I may get outside for some yard work, but then again, I may not. I do as I feel, and reading my gentle texts helps me stay chilled.

















No comments: