Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Donkeys!

I wrote here the other day, that I was sensing that my symptoms were improving. Well, yesterday morning, on a whim, I decided to try to speak my monologue, and out it came! I was not only able to remember it, but I was fluent again after 4 months of being unable to get any of it out. Hurrah! I’m chuffed to know now, for certain, that things are getting better.

Fitness was, of course, was brutal. An hour and a half of exercising is a long time for someone as old and out of shape as I am, but as with my symptoms, I sense improvement as time passes. Rhonda pushes us; she is not leading a gentle class for us oldsters. But something wonderful happened at the class.

Romela is the woman who organizes our sessions. Rhonda leads the class, but Romela rents the hall and keeps us all in touch. She’s arranged for us to start at 9:30 on Mondays soon (instead of at 8:30), so that was good news. But the big win for me is that she has two donkeys and she’s fine with me coming to visit her and to play with the donkeys. Donkeys are a favourite animal of mine, so I’m thrilled.

The rest of the day was spent chillin’ doing our afternoon walk, going to Nester’s and relaxing through the evening. I spent a while refreshing my memory on making choux pastry and craquelin because I’m going to make a pastry dessert for my meal on Friday with Jay, Eoin and François.

Today is dark and rain is predicted. It will be another indoor day like most every other for me today, and that is just fine with me.

Allyson and Peter have written to say they will be coming West from Ontario to visit friends Ally left behind when she went galivanting around the globe being a university president. They’re coming late April or early May. Yippee!

















No comments: