Sunday, February 25, 2024

Fatigue!

Fred and Ethel must have clocks inside them because every morning at 5:00 sharp, they come into my bedroom to get me up. Every single morning without fail! So, this morning I began washing all the dishes from last night. What a job it is, and after a very busy day yesterday. Plus, I had a ton of laundry to do, so I did that while I dried all the dishes.

My guests ate everything. I was stunned. With the leftover chocolate, when I made the eclairs, I poured it into a heart-shaped molds, and I put the hearts on the plate with all the eclairs. My guests ate every single éclair and heart. I’m glad; I didn’t want to eat a lot of sweets.

Just as I was finishing up the clean-up, the phone rang. It was Stacy, and we arranged to meet to walk out dogs. I was thrilled to have company on our walk. I am absolutely smitten with Stacy. I love her company. We really enjoy each other’s company.

When I came home, I fed the pets, had lunch and lay down for a long nap, and when I woke up, I was a zombie with a sore hip. I had zero energy. Nada. I watched TV, which normally is, for me, a cardinal sin. I did a short afternoon walk with Her Highness, and then we spent the evening horizontally. 

This morning. I walked with Stacy again and as I drove home the sky cleared and the sun came out. Oh, how uplifting it is to be in sunshine! Plus, I had a very slow, gentle day ahead of me, and my hip wasn’t hurting. Today will be another recovery day, but I’m alive today. Tomorrow: Fitness. Yikes!

















No comments: