Sunday, January 3, 2016

Costin Cooks

Oh my God…. last night was one of the finest meals I have ever eaten, cooked by a friend. I went To Costin and Marina's and had a tremendous time. They are very warm and welcoming people. We sat together in the kitchen whilst Costin cooked and Marina and I drank bubbly in a fabulous new way. We mixed it with Fragoli, a strawberry liqueur and I loved it.

He made two dishes from a cookbook I am going to get asap: Plenty. It is written by Yotam Ottolenghi,. He made an appetizer of fried leeks with red peppers that was beyond belief, delicious. And then something he calls a sweet slaw to which Costin added chicken.

Oh my God, what a meal!!


The slaw, in development, includes papaya and mango. Yum!
Costin & Marina have a cute little polaroid camera.
Rolling the leeks in bread crumbs before frying.

Adding the creme fresh sauce with capers.
… and the peppers.

The slaw was to die for, full of lime and nice and spicy.
Adding the chicken. I love this man.
Dessert was bought.
The cookbook! Costin has made almost every dish in it.

No comments: