Thursday, April 9, 2020

Recovered!

It feels so good to feel good. Yesterday was terrible.
It was because Wednesday night was awful. I awoke at 2:30 am and could not get back to sleep. And my thoughts turned nasty, defeatist and horrid. I wanted Sheba and the cats out of my life; I seemed to want to be miserable. It was a dark, dark place that I went to and that is not at all like me. I felt angry about everything and I dreaded the coming day until I saw Sheba. I cannot look at her and not feel love.   
I began the day by taking Sheba for a walk and then I came home and went back to bed. When I got up, I stacked only four loads of wood; I was exhausted and had no drive to continue so I took a brea and then did three more loads. Next, I took Sheba to Rollo Park for some sunshine and to chase the ball.
Then I had lunch followed by a long nap. After that, I did four more loads and I was done. I had a spa and hoped that today would be a better day.  
This morning, I met Eoin and the Whippets for a forest trail walk in spectacular sunshine. I love our forest walks together. Now that I’m home, I’ll be stacking and I’ve not much more to go to finish these second two cords. Hurray!
But first, a rest. After well over an hour of walking the trails, I’m somewhat pooped.
And once I finish stacking, I’ve some baking (a pie) and cooking (sauces for marinating chicken) to do.

















No comments: