Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Computer Delivery Day?

Monday was dollars days come. The day began with a dog walk with my friends. That was the best part of the day. The rest of the day was spent hanging around Pinecone Park because FedEx said that someone had to be here to sign for the computer. They called and sent an email to ensure that I was here, but at five, I had my doubts. I checked on the FedEx website and they don’t deliver on Labour Day in spite of all that they told me. And when I went to the Apple site to see what was up with my order, they said the delivery was coming by UPS. Technology just gives people more opportunities to fuck up.

So, I’m back on the waiting game, because FedEx has said they’re coming today. I hope they do come today because tomorrow and the next day I have morning commitments that prevent me from being here to sign for receipt of the computer. But whatever happens, happens. I’m too old and tired to worry about anything.

It’s a lot cooler now but it’s still endlessly sunny. There’s no prediction of rain in the foreseeable future. Consequently, it’s back to heavy duty watering to keep all my plants surviving. Once I’m done watering. I’m gonna put a note on the front door for FedEx, get a giant drink of Diet Coke, and take Bruno out into the sunshine to spend the afternoon with him.

No comments: