Friday, September 16, 2022

Rain!


Oh, how I’d love to go to a Tiger refuge. My stay at a Lion refuge was a brilliant highlight of my life. I love cats, no matter what their size.

I awoke at 4:00 AM yesterday with a start. I heard heavy rain falling. I got up, got dressed, and went outside to close the windows of my car. It rained real hard rain through the day until 11:00. I was thrilled to not have to water the gardens and to spend the day indoors. 

First thing in the morning, I finished an important document for the clinic. I am really pleased with it. It takes one component of our Plan B for finding a new doctor, and provided much, much more detailed information about advertising opportunities in Canada and abroad.

The rest of the day involved nothing worth reporting. It was entirely an indoor day, and it is going to take a few more of them to become adjusted to spending my days indoors. Suddenly, I’d be very happy to be watering the gardens. But no. I’m on the chaise reading.

I saw a post on our My Neighbour website, to which I belong. We have a Gabriola network on it, and yesterday someone posted a photo of a duck that had turned up in their neighbourhood. Later in the day, I saw another post by my friend, François. The duck turned out to be one of his Muscovy ducks. It’s now home with its flock.

Wow! I just checked the weather forecast, and I see that today and tomorrow will be iffy, but nothing like yesterday. As of Sunday, though, we’re expected to get another long stretch of sunshine and lovely temperatures. So, hurray, I’ll be back outside again soon. A reprieve before the Big Dark.

Our own Heinous Dumbfuck.














No comments: