Thursday, September 22, 2022

Mildly Ill

The green curry I made is delicious. This is my second curry sauce and dish that I’ve invented on my own, and I really like it. I managed to create a dish that is rich in the taste of curry, but not terribly spicy. 

One reason for changing my diet, is yes, I want to lose weight, but its Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) that forced the issue. I’d been experiencing stomach discomfort for a several months, so I finally called the nurse practitioner. I must avoid spicy food and limit serving sizes. That’s why I wanted to make the green curry.

I made it without using any packaged curry powder. I pureed cilantro, garlic, onion, ginger, jalapeno, olive oil, and lime zest. I cooked it down and into a thick paste, then I added turmeric, cumin, and coriander, lots of salt and a tiny bit of brown sugar. I added 3 cups of coconut milk and boiled that up to make the sauce. Into that, I can add anything I want. I added a ton of vegetables and chicken. Yum!

Wednesday, the last day of Summer, was another fine day. Rain is still predicted for tomorrow, but every other day in the forecast is going to be sunny. Sheba and I met up with our fellow walkers for a great beginning to our day, and then I came home to read in the sunshine. But it didn’t last. I felt off, so I came inside to lie down.

I stayed down all day except for a short afternoon walk with Her Highness. I felt tired and worried that I was developing Covid, regular flu or a cold. At 7:00, I had a bowl of my curry and felt like I was going to throw up, so I went to bed, shaking like mad with a fever.

I slept for 11 hours and awoke feeling fine this morning. Phew! I have a meeting of the committee seeking to secure new doctors for the island this afternoon. I’m glad that I’m feeling up to it! 














No comments: