Tuesday, July 14, 2015

About Tuesday

I’m still gobsmacked by the euphoria of walking even though I am well into this passion. It began in in 2009; in earnest in 2010. In 2011, I committed myself to walking 1,200 K by enrolling sponsors so as to raise money for a favourite charity. It was on that walk, in France, with everything I owned on my back, that I had my first walking epiphany.

I feel more at peace in motion than at rest. And walking is solitary as I do it, and profoundly stimulating—particularly in nature and, for me, in the absence of people. Mountain walks are particularly exquisite.

I fell into this. I used to roller skate with an equal passion, but falls led to breaks so I had to stop. Today I took the bus to UBC, went to the park and then walked a fair way home.

My veins look like snakes, but the ladybug
was so charming and cute. Note gorgeous
opal - 65th birthday present to myself in
South Africa a couple of years ago.

This is what I would want were I rich. This is how I see
"rich:" large expanses of meadow and wood and with a
distant view.
We don't often get these huge cumulus clouds here.

No comments: