Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Yum! Ginger Beef

I went to the village yesterday and bought some meat—some bright red sirloin steak. I think it’s the first meat I’ve bought since making burgers for guests last Summer. I’m not a fan of meat, but the endless routine that is my life needed some change, so I decided to make some ginger beef and a nice Asian rice recipe to enjoy for dinner. 

It was delicious even though I left out the sugar! I’ll be making it again for sure!

I also read more Louise Penny. I love being in her world!

Tonight, I go to Jay’s to dine with Eoin and François. As I’ve written here before, I’m never sure of how it’s going to be until I get there. I know to be satisfied with limiting my speech and focusing on listening. I think I’m going to preload short bits into my iPad and take it with me to play if I want to. I’d like to have a very short explanation that things got worse for me back in December, and that I’m taking ASL. The rest of the time, I’ll be gesticulating and saying the odd word or phrase. I know that there’s enough of me left for a speaking person to like. I’m going confident.

I don’t think anyone’s phoned me in several weeks. The phone just never rings. And most of my emails are from realtors because of the searches I made online to see if and where I could afford to move if I chose to leave here. I feel, a bit, like a social pariah, but I don’t worry my friends will quit me. There’s just much less contact. Sigh.

In two weeks, I see Dr. Shoja again and meet with both my online support groups. I’m looking forward to all three events. 
















No comments: