Sunday, October 16, 2022

My Day!

Saturday was a good day. After rising and feeding the pets, I got right to work on clinic stuff, and I got everything done that is on my plate except one letter. Plus, I did some graphics for them. It felt as good as cleaning up my house does. Getting all my clinic work finished and making my house tidy and clean takes worry away. My shoulders drop and all I feel is joy and relief.

It was, of course, another stunning day. It was 24° in the afternoon. That’s remarkable for mid-October. But an end is in sight. Rain is predicted for Friday and Saturday. Finally, relief for our forest, our forest creatures, and our gardens. 

I have awakened today with nothing pressing. What joy! No clinic work to do and a pristinely clean home—and it’s my day. I love Sundays, the day when no one is allowed to say, “should.” I will go on the big community dog walk and then come home to join Bruno in the Dordogne. 

I have no visitors coming for the foreseeable future. I’m on my own, probably, until the new year, and that’s okay with me. I’ll likely be kept busy with clinic work, and soon I start working for STAMMA. It’s not a lot of work, but it’s something else to do that’s practical and helps others as my work with the clinic does.

To do the STAMMA work will require that I do lots of reading and research about both speech and FND. I like to bring the results of my reading and research to the FND support group; it fuels our discussions. I also want to do some publicity with STAMMA to increase our membership. 















No comments: