Sunday, January 1, 2023

Slow Days

 

My heart's delight, Issa.

Saturday was just another day. My days lately have pretty much all been the same—slow, easy, solitary and delightful. I hope that now the holidays are over, I’ll find speaking easier and that this latest spate of seizures ends.

Sheba’s been limping and I cannot see why, so we had short easy walks yesterday and I did a lot of reading. I discovered that my cable service includes a channel (#555 which is miles away on the dial from the channels I watch) that has many series that I enjoy: The Great British Sewing Show, which follows the same formula as the Baking Show, and a similar show about wood workers that I really love watching, and a show about making rooms in a huge doll house that is also a competition show. The channel is called Makeful, and it has many programs I like that are all about making things.

Today Her Highness and I will meet our friends for the big community dog walk and we’ll see how it goes. We may not walk for long, but it’s always nice to see all my 4-legged and 2-legged friends on Sundays. Then it’ll be home for another show, easy day.

FND has been linked, of late, to people with long Covid. I took the points below from an article from The Brain Charity website in the UK, explaining FND. They call FND “the most common condition you have never heard of.”

  1. FND is a problem with the functioning of the nervous system and how the brain and body send and receive signals. It has multiple causes and can be triggered by physical injury, psychological or other trauma to the brain and or body.
  2. Symptoms can include a variety of physical, sensory and cognitive issues that have yet to be explained by a recognised disease.
  3. FND patients live with life-changing symptoms, similar to Parkinson’s and long-term disability comparable to that caused by MS. 
  4. More than 70% of FND patients experience continuing or deteriorating symptoms after one year, and more than 70% are the same or worse after 10 years.
  5. A common experience for those diagnosed with FND is the lack of information and understanding of the condition amongst the general population and within the medical community. 
  6. Diagnosis is often linked to patients experiencing stigma and misunderstanding from healthcare professionals and the general public. This includes suspicion of malingering or exaggeration of symptoms.

My ‘friend’ Frani comes to mind when I read that last point. She won’t life a finger to educate herself. Instead, she believes I and my doctors are deluded and that I’m malingering. She thinks she knows better than doctors. She astounds me with her commitment to ignorance. 















No comments: