Thursday, November 9, 2023

Dinner Party Day

Tuesday was so bright and lovely. It was disheartening to awake yesterday morning to drizzle and cool temperatures. I was up at 4:30 and I got all the veggies for the evening’s dinner prepped so that Di and I could have a low-pressure day. All we had to do was the potatoes and turkey. I made the dessert on Monday.

I lit a nice big welcoming and warm fire so that Pinecone Park Lodge would be toasty and cozy for her morning before we went to join my friends for a morning dog walk in the drizzle. After the walk, I dropped Dianne off at the lodge, and went to the community hall to get my Covid vaccine. After that, I took my heart monitor into the medical clinic and then came home for lunch with Di and the rest of our dinner preparations. We also had lots of chilling time together. Ron took Sheba for her afternoon walk.

Mog and Chris arrived at 5:30. The candles were lit, everything was clean and tidy, and the dinner was a snap to make because the turkey came stuffed. We didn’t have to make and then stuff the bird. Plus, my morning work on all the vegetables made for a relaxing easy day of preparing for our Thanksgiving meal. 

I’d say the dinner together was a hit. I sent Mog and Chris home with all the left over turkey and veggies. I wanted to get back to minimalist eating. And this morning, when I got up at 4:30, I got the entire place cleaned up. Di and I got a monster start on cleaning up after Mog and Chris left, but I spent an hour and a half finishing the job. I’m glad to have Pinecone Park back in order.

“I’ve been all over the world, and I’ve never seen a statue of a critic.”  Leonard Bernstein.

“I watched your monologue – beautifully written and performed by you! Such a lovely mix of genuineness and humor. I’m so honored to be part of your story.  Thank you for sharing it with me.”  Dr. Shoja

This morning, Di leaves, Sheba and I walk, and late in the morning, I have a dental appointment for my first filling in 40 years. She’s replacing an old filling with a new one. And then …. And then, I have the afternoon and evening to rest. It’s been a very busy week and I need a good rest because tomorrow I go to Nanaimo for another busy day. 
















No comments: