Friday, November 10, 2023

To Nanaimo

Thursday was a write-off. Either all the socializing of the previous two days or the vaccination or both of those things brought be down yesterday. I was so tired that I couldn’t even read my book. I just could not concentrate. All I did all day after my dental appointment was nap. I could hardly wait to go to bed.

I struggled through the day, spending the entire afternoon and evening on the chaise, covered in blankets because I was too pooped to man the fire. I was just waiting for bedtime and I finally went to bed at 8:00 pm. I don’t think I’ve ever fallen asleep quicker than I did last night, and I had a lovely long deep sleep.

The only accomplishment of the day was having my filling done without anaesthetic. 

I feel normal today and thank goodness because I have a very busy day ahead of me. I’ll walk with my friends, and then I’ll head to the ferry to go to the big island where I have shopping to do at Walmart where I get pet supplies and paper goods. Then I go to the pacemaker clinic to see if my heart is the reason that I periodically get a very scary feeling that I am very suddenly fading out.

I can hardly wait to get home because after a very, very busy week, I have a lovely week of gentle quiet before another busy week. I have my cataract surgery on the 21st and I must go back to the hospital on the 22nd for a follow-up appointment with my surgeon. That’s two days in a row to the big island. But … after the surgery, I return to Dr. Yearsley on the 29th, but then I have naught to do for three weeks and David’s arrival from London.















No comments: