Sunday, November 5, 2023

Slow Days of Rain and Reading


I love Olivia Coleman. This movie looks like lots of fun. I can hardly wait to see it.

I’m very excited. David has his flights to and from London, and I’ve booked and bought their flights between Vancouver and Gabriola. The only remaining thing to do is to get the cost of the London/Vancouver/London ticket refunded to David. I can’t send an e-transfer. I must ask for help from the bank to send a wire transfer. I’ve told David to send his banking details to me so that I can do that. Paula, David and I are giddy with anticipation.

I had a lot of fun yesterday morning. I met Stacy at Ground Up Café for breakfast at 7:30 and then we went for a walk. Although it was dark and damp, the walk was glorious because it was a balmy 14° when we walked. I was feeling blissful being with Stacy and walking in such lovely mild and fragrant air.

I spent the day reading and relaxing. I loved having a spa in 16° weather in the mid-afternoon. And then I took Her Highness for ball play in the park. I was feeling ecstatic the entire time we were outdoors. It was so warm and fragrant. We drove home with all our windows open and Gregorian chants playing on my car CD player. Yum!

Then it was back to reading on my chaise. How I love that piece of furniture! I love its comfort and I love that I am sitting parallel to my biggest window and that I have a clear view of the street. I wave at Wendy and Nancy every day as they go by with their dogs. 

I slept in to 5:30 this morning and then I was shocked to realize that it was actually 4:30. It’s going to be a long day. I have the big dog walking group today, and I’ll go into the village to get a turkey that must thaw slowly in the fridge for my delayed Thanksgiving dinner this coming Wednesday with Mog, Chris and Dianne.

Last night I watched the limited series on Netflix called All The Light You Cannot See. I was passionate about the book, but the series failed to create the same level of passion for the story. I’m not sure what Mark Ruffalo was trying to do with his ambivalent accent. It was a telling experience to realize how much more powerful words are compared to the narrative of images I watched last night. Read the book if you haven’t already and skip the series.

It’s another dark, damp and dreary day. I’ll keep the fire stoked and do lots of reading.


There's a small forest of mushrooms in the dead zone of my
backyard, and they have almost iridescent edges!


And though they are hard to see, there are billions of little brown
mushrooms growing between the larger white ones.

The colours of Fall are in full bloom.




No comments: