Tuesday, November 7, 2023

♥️ Dr. Shoja

Oh, oh, oh! The joy of seeing Dr. Shoja. I felt so much better with each minute of our conversation. She is a saint. She is giving me a letter to give to my doctors ahead of my cataract surgery. I will have it for all future engagements with doctors and that thrills me. I see her next on my birthday. I can see her for as long as I want to. God bless our medical system and Dr. S. 

I have someone ‘in my corner.’ I have a vital ally and I believe seeing her for a while may lessen the severity of my symptoms. And my new way of using the chat feature is awesome. I like it much better than the old way I used text to communicate with her. So, so much good came from our call yesterday.

Once I was done, I went into the village to get supplies for Wednesday’s dinner. I decided to make a tarte tatin for dessert. Yum. But before I could make it, I had to do a lot of work for the bank so that they could send David money for his ticket. It ain’t easy to send money overseas.

At noon, I got a wonderful email from Kris. She wrote to say that she was in Vancouver and going to Granville Island. Did I want something? Yes, Kris, I do! She’s getting me more saucisson sec (that I love) from Oyama, and aged Gouda cheese. Hooray!!

Baking the tarte tatin was complex. I made it in a pan and in the oven rather than in a frying pan on the stove top. I was glad to be doing it well ahead of time in case it’s a flop. I won’t know if it’s a flop until tomorrow when I remove it from the pan. 

Finally, dinner time. I was beat after a busy day and a very emotional session with Dr. Shoja. I ate my dinner and was ready for bed at 7:00 pm, but I forced myself to stay up until 9:00.

Today I get my heart monitor at the clinic. It’s a pointless exercise, I reckon, but it’s what my nurse practitioner wants me to do. The frightening spells that I’ve been having could be my heart, or it could be an anxiety response caused my FND. I’ve got to be at the clinic early this morning, and then, in the early afternoon, Di arrives to stay for a couple of nights. Yay!
















Agate.

No comments: