Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Fence Panels Done!

I’m pleased with my crafty fence and I’m really happy I don’t have to stomp on any more branches to break them. Some of them broke with a dreadful kickback and hurt me; I didn’t want sawn ends. I worked from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm but “work” included taking Sheba for a brief trail walk for more branches.  
The centre panel is large Arbutus branches that protrude a good long distance out from the fence; they are cuttings from a diseased tree. That panel isn’t terribly attractive but it’s tremendously practical for the birds that come to eat at the feeders above it and it was by far the hardest to do.
The right panel design is made of clamshells from Sandwell beach; the left one is made of Fir pinecones collected in the yard. The “curtain” of broken vertical branches are Alder windfall from the glade in the woods nearby. 
I would like to have rocks on the ground in front of the three panels but there are no rocks here. Logs would work but where am I going to find logs that I can lift and move? A garden would work, but then there’d be even more to water. I hope that I can transplant some Salal; it’s is native, deer resistant and hardy shrub. It’d work if I can do it.





No comments: