Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Hamilton ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

It rained Monday night and it was still drizzling yesterday morning, so I prepared myself for a day indoors. The sky was lightly overcast but there was no rain all day.
At ten o’clock, Cathy, my mental health nurse, called for my regular check-in. After that, I did my single weekly grocery shopping and took Sheba for a romp in the park and had lunch. Then it was time for reading the book I’m enjoying so, so much!
By two-thirty, when it was time to go to dog play in the park, there were shadows. The welcome sun has a huge and positive effect on my spirit! It was just Gunther and me again. 
The best part of the day was watching Hamilton, a musical I’ve long wanted to see. I watched it last night and absolutely loved it—especially its theatricality. It’s almost an opera, there’s constant choreography; the lighting and the direction are a marvel. I can’t imagine seeing it live; it would be a mighty emotional ride.
I was particularly struck by Leslie Odom Jr. who plays Aaron Burr and the diction of Christopher Jackson as Washington, and I loved the voices of the women playing Angelica and Eliza Schuyler (Renée Goldsberry and Phillipa Soo).
This morning, I mowed my lawns and then planted some Hostas in the strip garden fronting my studio. Next up is more work on the Fern Garden but first I have to take Her Highness for a walk.

















No comments: