Saturday, May 16, 2020

Rain

Walking with Eoin Friday morning was lovely because it was sunny and warm, and the air smelled sweet and fresh. When I got home, I did not want to do much work, so I did the laundry and hung it on the line before settling into dappled sunlight on my lounge chair to nap. I had lunch and then puttered around the yard doing little things of no import. It was a lovely relaxing day.
Just before going to Rollo Park for a romp with Her Highness, I did manage to get the last of purchased plants into the ground, and I felt great. But then, when I got to the park, I felt wounded. No Gunther and no Anna, again. I feel dumped because I don’t believe in conspiracy theories. It’s sad. I’ve lost two friendships with people I think are nice kind people (with some beliefs radically different to mine). Sigh.
I cannot believe how fast time is going by! The weeks just fly by. It’s Saturday today and it feels like I was Saturday just a couple of days ago.
I got my tax deferral application in yesterday. Now my only big expenses annually are wood and car insurance. It feels good every time I do something that helps to extend the longevity of my life here on Gabriola.
It’s raining lightly today. It felt cool and damp in the house, so I lit a fire to make it cozy on this indoor day. I’ve to bake something today, for Daryl and Elaine to thank them for the tomatoes and for fixing my lawn mower.

















No comments: