Monday, August 31, 2020

Crash!

 Sunday, I crashed and burned.

I tripped on something and fell down hard during the large community dog walk. And, as happens every time I fall, I had a bad meltdown that left me stiff. My muscles all stiffened, and so walking was odd. Everything was odd. Phil, a very nice man who’s come to my assistance before, helped me walk back to my car and he drove me home in my car.

At home, I did not feel well at all. I felt like I was living in Jello. Every move was slow and awkward, so I got onto a chaise and had a lie down in the sunshine for quite a while. Then I had a spa and, as the clouds rolled in, I lit a fire and took to the couch. I wanted to feel warm and cozy and stay horizontal. The meltdown fried me. I wrote off the rest of the day.

This morning, I feel fine. I knew I would. But I have that ‘hit by a truck yesterday’ feeling.

It rained last night, which is nice. I don’t have to water anything today. But the sky is clearing and sunshine is evidently our due today and it’s predicted to be sunny for the ensuing week. I’m going for a walk with just Regina this morning, and our dogs, and when I get home, I plan to start working on the front yard.

















No comments: