Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Freezing Cold!

It’s -3° as I write this post. It was horrid getting up in the night to pee. It as really a cold night. Tonight, I’m going to wear leggings and a long-sleeved top to bed. It’s weather like this that has been maintain a roarer of a fire going all day. 

Tuesday was gloriously sunny, but it stayed a cool 3° in the afternoon. The sunshine on the trees lightly dusted with snow was a beautiful sight everywhere I went. I took the car in for an oil change and did some shopping for Thursday’s dinner with Merrill, Leo and Issa. But the car is not road worthy; I need $1,700 worth of repairs to my brakes.

My brochure artwork that I did for the clinic passed the printer’s muster and it was printed. Phew! Dr. Don got the brochures he needed for the conference of rural doctors that starts today. I was a little worried that I might have screwed things up because Photoshop has changed a lot since I last used it.

In the afternoon, I went to the park to play fetch with Her Highness and then we had to go back to the automotive place. And that was my day.

I got an email from my friend, John. He said he wanted to come to the monologue festival if I get into it. I am extremely relieved. I had resolved to find a friend who could go through it with me. Doing the monologue onstage is far less scary than being around a lot of people in a theatre. I do not feel good about being around a bunch of people at all. When I’m onstage, there’s a wall between me and everyone.

It's another gloriously bright day, but the cold keeps me close to the fire. I’m glad I have Bruno to be with today, and I’ll make egg noodles for tomorrow night’s pad Thai.















No comments: