Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Seizures

Well … Tuesday didn’t go as expected. I took Sheba for our walk and then went into the village to shop so that I could make a dish I loved at Stacy’s—spicy Chicken lettuce wraps. Yum. Then I came home and got to work on the decision memo Dyan asked me to write. Soon into it, I started losing faith in the decisions Dyan and I had made about our communications plan.

I stopped working on the budget document, and instead, I wrote a paper on communications theory, explaining why I had concerns about our plan. I convinced Dyan that what we were planning to do was disrespectful to our members. She wrote back agreeing with my point of view, so I am developing a budget for a revised communications plan.

Then I had a really nasty seizure and then a long post ictal stage (the recovery time in which I’m not entirely functional), and then, not long afterwards, I had another prolonged seizure and second and long post ictal phase. Together, the two seizures left me feeling flat. I couldn’t work feeling as I did, all I wanted to do was lie down and be still in the wonderful silence of our island life.

When I got up, it was time for Sheba’s second walk. I tidied up the house before we left, and when I came back, I got to my new recipe. It was a lot of work to make, but it was delicious. I’ll be making it often!

Today, I’ll be working on the clinic communications budget after walking in the fog with Her Highness and our friends. I’ve already had a STAMMA meeting this morning and we’ve fixed some glitches in our mailing list so now I’m set to be Tracey’s partner in administering our FND support group. And as of last night, I am posting for the clinic on Facebook where we have a page. 














No comments: