Sunday, March 24, 2024

Catching Up

 friday

From the moment I got up Friday morning, all I could think about was how much I did not want to go to my fitness class. But I went, and once in the room, I was glad to be there, as the class progressed, I could feel how much stronger I was in my muscles, and I was very happy that I went. Rhonda, our leader, is an inspiration. I am totally smitten with her.

Then I came home, hurrying because I was very keen to be reunited with my mates, Fred, Ethel and Her Highness. How attached I am! We had lunch and then I did a bit of tidying because Kris came at 2:30 with saucisson sec for me that she picked up in Vancouver. Yum!

It was overcast and dull all day, but there was no rain, so I spent a couple of hours on raking up forest fall in the backyard. It felt good to be productive for a while, and then I returned to almost professional idleness until bedtime.

The best part of the day was our afternoon walk. Sheba was ahead of me and, as she loves to do, she was carrying sticks in her mouth, but suddenly she stopped and froze like a Pointer. Her head was raised, and she was completely still, and when I reached her and looked up in the direction of her gaze, there as a magnificent Barred Owl sitting high in the tree. They are magnificent birds and I felt thrilled to see it.

saturday

Saturday was wet and gloomy. We walked a couple of times, and I went into the village to do some shopping, but I just wasted the day. I didn’t even do any reading. I putzed about and slowly, very slowly, the day and the evening went by. And even though I had nada to do all day, I completely forgot to post yesterday.

The nicest part of the day happened after I went to bed. When I awoke in the night, I thought I had left a light on somewhere because it was shining bright on the trees and ground, but it was moonlight. The sky had cleared and there must have been a full moon, or close to it, because it was beautiful and bright. Had I been younger and more energetic, I might have dressed and gone for a walk.

sunday

It is foggy outside, but I suspect it will burn off when the sun is higher in the sky. I’m anticipating a bright sunny day, that’s the prediction for today, so our big community dog walk is on our agenda, and then I expect I’ll do some work yard and gardens. Plus, I must prepare a room and the guest bathroom for Dianne’s arrival tomorrow.

Life mirroring art:
















No comments: