Monday, March 11, 2024

Shed: Check!

On Sunday, I enjoyed a thoroughly lovely day. It began with a short walk in the forest before my Zoom session with my fellow BC stutterers. It was one of the best sessions we’ve ever had. It was a bigger group than normal, and it was very informative. I really feel lucky to be a part of it.

Then I fed the animals and treated myself to two small waffles. (I bought myself a mini waffle maker.) Then I got to work on the shed. The sunshine had disappeared behind a high ceiling of cloud, but I was determined to tidy it up. After a season of just shoving things around, I loved bringing order back to a space that is vital to my life here. I’m now ready to stack new wood when I order it when the warm weather returns.


Before

After


And then it was time for Her Highness’ second walk, and I really enjoyed it having done some work and because it was relatively mild. And because it was so mild, I did garden work when we got back to Pinecone Park. Pete had given me some plants he’s divided at his place, and now I have ground cover planted under my blueberry bushes.

And then, AND THEN … it was time for the chaise. Oh, how I loved settling onto it knowing that the remainder of the day was for being idle. Oh, it felt good. And I watched the Oscars in spite of my disenchantment with the whole industry. Two things I liked were: seeing Paul Giamatti’s joy (and tears) as De’Vine Joy Randolph, his co-star in The Holdovers, win her Best Supporting Actor award; and the speech by Cord Jefferson (screenwriter of American Fiction) tell Hollywood to make ten $20 million movies instead of more $200 million dollar movies. 

This morning, I skipped fitness. I have a very sore foot and so I will be walking with my fellow dog walkers and then I’m coming home for a nice slow day with my book and my pets for tomorrow I die. I am taking the ferry to Vancouver to see John and Bunny, and then I am going directly home. I love seeing my friends, but I’m not at all keen on the travelling and sleeping in a bed that isn’t home.

















No comments: