Sunday, August 18, 2024

A Day of Rest

Saturday was a bit of a write—off for me. Steve made more of the day.

We all walked together in the morning, and then we all went to the Farmers’ Market for a look/see and walkabout. Steve really enjoyed seeing all the vendors and their wares. We stopped at the museum so Steve could check out their store, and he went to the post office before we came home. I went directly to bed.

When I got up, I tried sitting in the sunshine to warm up, but it was too hot and so I came back inside still feeling exhausted. So, I went back to bed. I think the business of the day on Friday and the massive seizure did me in and so Saturday was all about rest.

In the afternoon, I watered all the garden beds and Steve took the car to see island sites. When I was done watering, guess what I did. Correct! I had another nap. And when Steve got back, we settled into our evening together. We had a pesto dinner. My God, I love pesto pasta! And we used fresh Basil that I grew.

Thankfully, Steve was content to do things on his own. I was up to nothing yesterday, and I blame the awful endless seizure of Friday night.

Last night there was endless unbelievable thunder and rain. It’s not raining now, but we had a good downpour last night and so I have no watering duties today. Hooray!  Steve’s been in a panic because our ferries are having mechanical problems. He’s considered leaving today instead of tomorrow, but it seems likely now that he’ll stay until tomorrow.

















No comments: