Saturday, August 17, 2024

Party Night / Seizure!

Friday was a bit of a beast. We had so much to do to prepare for our dinner party. But I began the day walking with Her Highness and our friends while Steve rested and did things on the Internet. When I got home, we went into the village for groceries and my prescriptions, came home to put our things away and fetch Sheba, and then we went to the South End to have fish tacos at the Firetruck Grill, our resident food truck.

Then we came home to bake, but Steve had received an email saying he was bumped from his flight home on Monday. Panic! Now he’s going on the Hullo ferry on Monday instead of via seaplane. It was very tense at Pinecone Park for a bit there, but once the ferry reservation was secured, things calmed down. While he panicked and sniped at me when I tried to help, I made a gorgeous galette and a delicious caramel sauce to go with it.

While Steve prepared the Salmon and veggies, I swept the front porch and the sidewalk, and coiled the hoses so that the yard looked a little tidier. After that, I was truly beat; I was heaving but I wanted the place to look decent for our guests. It felt so, so good to get into the shower and to be clean, and it was wonderful to end it with a cool shower to calm my soul and cool my body. 

Jay, Brian, Eoin and François arrived around 5:00, and E&F brought a whack of absolutely delicious appetizers, so bottles were opened, the appies were put on the coffee table, and the party got underway. It was so much fun to be together. At around 6:30 we decided to eat, Steve prepared a wonderful Salmon meal, and we had lots of fabulous veggies to go with it: corn on the cob, baby potatoes, fresh green beans from Eoin’s and François’garden, and delicious fresh carrots. Then, as we were getting ready to eat, a seizure came on and it was a doozy. 

The first part was intense and long. My guess is that it lasted a good 15 minutes, and then I came out of it a bit but moving was very difficult, then I went back into it for another 7 or 8 minutes. It was the longest seizure that I’ve had in years, and only the second seizure I’ve had since the beginning of June. This was all new to Brian, so he was thrown a bit according to Steve, but he was very attentive to me, and I appreciated that.

The mob left at 9:30 and we soon thereafter went to bed. I was dead exhausted.
















No comments: