Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Internist on the Way!

 Monday began with a walk with our friends under cloudy skies. It was 17° and felt cool after all the recent heat. But I was glad for the break from watering. I had all day to slowly prepare for Steve’s arrival this afternoon. I had a million little easy things that I wanted to do, and then Her Highness and I went to the park to play fetch. She loves playing fetch, but during the heat I don’t want to overheat her. Last night, I finished Pachinko and I felt grateful for two nights of binging on fabulous entertainment. 

Both today and tomorrow are predicted to be dark and there may be showers. Thursday and Friday might be decent, and then it’s supposed to rain on the weekend. Summer has moved on, but it is likely to return for at least a short visit.

The clinic called. I’m going in for more tests on Thursday morning. I was glad for the call. It made me feel not forgotten, but I was hoping to get an appointment with the internist and get to a diagnosis; I realize I must be patient. Every morning when I wake up, I wonder, “Is it gone?” I feel so good when I wake up, I feel I surely must have healed overnight. So far, that sense of cure hasn’t lasted because I run out of breath doing something simple. Sigh.

The clinic called again, and I am very relieved. Jennifer has sent an urgent request to an internist whose name I can’t recall, and if he can’t see me right away, another doctor in his clinic will. I may hear from the internist today or tomorrow! Now we’re movin’! 

Hurricane Stephen is about to arrive!
















No comments: