Monday, August 5, 2024

Zoom, Zoom


Sunday was a typical day except for one thing: I sat in the sun for about 30 minutes. When I do that, I get a rush when I feel the sun on my skin. I love being warm, and feeling its warmth gives me a drug-like high. For the past many days, I have not had time to get into the spa or have a rest in the sunshine. 

I had lots of watering to do, of course, but I also had a lovely Zoom call with my friend Julien. He lives near Rotterdam, but he is a local lad. His father abandoned his mother and the two boys. Both boys had a rough time of it for many years after their father left. Julien, the youngest, took to me right away because of my work in the arts.

I took to him, as well. We went to some shows together, and I kind of mentored him a bit about my tricks for getting grants. He had full access to all my experience and learning, and he always stays in touch. I was the first person that he told he was getting married, and this morning he told me they’re expecting. I know I mean something to him, but I feel like the lucky one. (I gave He and Marlane beautiful hand crocheted baby booties from the art gallery store in our village when there were here two Summers ago.)

And then I Zoomed with Cathy. We hadn’t chatted for a long time, and she had interesting news to share. I didn’t have much in the way of news because my life is so dull and Cathy reads this blog, but I love keeping in touch with her. I love all my theatre friends. Cathy lives in Nova Scotia.

I was very glad when, in the late afternoon, I finally finished all the watering I had to do and I could relax for the remainder of the day and evening.
















No comments: