Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Steve Arrives

Tuesday was much better than expected. First, the cancellation of the dentist appointment made fetching Steve easier. And I was incredibly happy to get an appointment lined up with Dr. Chen on August 23rd. It’s a huge relief to have an appointment set.

I watered most of the morning and walked Her Highness. That was it. Because it’s been cooler and cloudy, I hadn’t watered for a couple of days. It felt good to refresh all my floral friends. I doubt I’ll have to water today, so Steve and I can have the day to ourselves. And tonight, we go to Mahle House, a place we love, for a five-course gourmet meal. This will be our fourth or fifth time, I reckon.

Steve arrived at 1:30. I picked him up at the terminal and we went to Nester’s to get some groceries, and he picked up some wine at the liquor store, then we came home. He toured the garden beds, and we had a snack and drinks (not alcohol) while we talked, then we both had a nap—Steve had a good long sleep. While he slept, Sheba and I went to Rollo Park to play fetch.

When I got home, Steve was up and so we got into the hot tub for a nice long soak and chat, then we had dinner and watched a movie about the woman who established the Veuve Clicquot brand. It was lovely soft French film.

Today, we’ll walk with my friends at 9:30, and we’ll improvise the rest of the day, and tonight we go to Mahle House, a favourite restaurant.
















No comments: