Monday, August 26, 2024

And On It Goes

Sunday was a great day. First, it was sunny and warm. Sunshine always lifts my spirits. But the best part of the day was that I found myself quite content with life regardless of my problem with hills and stairs. I have always been one who adapts rather than complains.

My visit with Dr. Chen has convinced me that my problem is my lungs, and that means I likely will have to live with this problem forever. However, there may be another type of inhaler that I can get for when I want to rake, sweep or dig—to help me with modest exertion. What matters most is that I found myself on Sunday wanting to be free of worry and so I just let go of all my anxiety about my diminished capacity. I’m still alive. I can still laugh and talk with friends, and I still can thrive in my log home, and I have my wonderful pets to keep my soul warm.

Mid-day yesterday, I went for a longish walk with Her Highness. I chose a nice flat trail, and we walked at a normal pace. It was wonderful to get outside after a week of rain and darkness. I was so, so happy to feel free of health anxiety and to be in nature on a beautiful day.

Then, a surprise. I got an email response from “Sam,” from whom I’ve heard before, with a lab requisition for a sputum test and some blood work. He must be a doctor. With the impending heart tests, and these tests that Sam has ordered, I feel that I’ve done all I can responsibly do. If I get answers, great. If all the tests yield nothing, fine. I will adapt. At least I will know that I did all I could think of to seek an answer.

Hopefully, I will get a sputum sample tested tomorrow. I must fast for the tests that go with it, and I ate this morning by mistake. I’m now getting lung as well as heart testing done. I’m glad I’m doing all I can to understand the problem, but I am happy with whatever the outcome will be. I will only be happy in the time I have left!

The hospital called and I go in for a CT scan on Sunday. Sunday, my day! Pooey, but it’ll soon be another thing done. It’s on my heart, but I have more faith in the lung testing coming up.

It’s been rainy and cloudy again today, but tomorrow, Summer comes back! Yahoo! Her Highness and I walked with our friends and it was very taxing. My legs is where I feel the exhaustion.
















No comments: