Monday, August 12, 2024

Changes in Plan

 saturday

Saturday began with a walk together with Her Highness, and then I took her into Sara’s for a grooming. I came home for a spa and light domestic duties before returning to pick her up. She looks fab-u-lous, and she smells so clean and fresh. She’s all ready for Steve’s arrival.

When we got home, it was the brood’s lunchtime, so we all ate and then I had a good long nap before starting to water all the beds. I’m tired all the time, but I get the watering done every day and that’s all that’s essential. When I finished watering, we took another walk and then we came home for dinner and television. 

When I go to bed, I get as excited. I love going to bed. I love releasing and disappearing until morning, and every morning now, when I awake, I feel glad to still be alive. I am so nervous about my heart that I feel relieved to have lived through the night.

sunday

Sunday dawned overcast. I was positively thrilled because if it were to last, I knew I wouldn’t have to water today and that I’d get a good solid day of rest before Steve’s arrival on Monday. I wanted to get some baking and cleaning done do before he’s here, so to have a day off watering meant I could use my limited energy indoors.

But before beginning to clean and bake, I went to our local golf course to meet Jay and Kelly for breakfast. It’s a very quirky place to eat and I love it. It’s an old log lodge surrounded by the greens of a gorgeous golf course. It was great to be with Kelly and Jay. They are the best of siblings. The only downer was leaving, I had to go up about 7 steps and I was heaving at the top and, of course, Kelly and Jay saw how weak I am.

When I got home, I got to tidying, cleaning and baking, but at a slow and easy pace. Steve called to say that he’s decided to stay in Victoria an extra day, so he won’t be arriving here until midday Tuesday instead of Monday. That gives me more time to bake, and so I relaxed my workload for Sunday, my day. Then, at about 3:30, Kevin came by. Kevin and Shelly were neighbours who were fabulously helpful to me when I arrived., but they sold their place and now live here in Summer with Kevin’s mom, and they travel all Winter. 

It was great to see Kev. He stayed for an hour and a half, and we had a great visit. Did I mention how handsome he is? And when he left, I had to scramble to finish the garlic tart I was baking. And when that was done, so was I. I’d been going all day long and had only one nap/sleep, so I was crazy tired when I finally climbed onto the chaise with a huge serving of my favourite salad.

Last night I saw an ad on my television screen for Pachinko. I loved the book, big time! So long and so interesting and sowell written. It’s an epic multi-generational saga of a Korean family. So, I subscribed to Apple+ TV and started watching the series. I read the book so long ago, I don’t remember many plot points, so the film feels new, and I love it too. I love a lot of things about the series. 

I love how colour is used and the settings. The cinematography is wonderful. The framing of many shots makes much of the film feel we’re seeing a painting. Most of all, O love the foreignness of the film. Everything is interesting; I see nothing familiar.

It’s a dive into a different culture that was in transition in terms of politics and time. And me, with no family, watching a movie about a family, and in it is one wonderful father who dies. And I wept for so many different reasons.

I’m so happy that I read the book. And I’m happy that there was a long gap between that reading and the watching of this film.

monday

It’s cloudy and there may be showers at some point today. For the next week, there are many days predicted to be showery. The endless good weather is over for a while. I’m sad that Steve won’t be here for ideal Summer weather, but I’m really glad to have a break from hours of watering every day.

Also, I shall spend the day hoping I will hear about seeing an internist/cardiologist.
















No comments: