Friday, August 30, 2024

A Good Day

Thursday was another brilliant sunny day, and every day for the coming ten days is likely to be the same. I am back to watering, but I am also back to napping in the sunshine. I can’t abide sitting in the sunshine when it is hot, but in these cooler temperatures it is a spectacular way for this tired old man to chill.

We walked on a flat and short path in the morning, and then we went into the village for groceries and a ferry pass. I get a free ferry pass to go to the hospital on Sunday for the CT scan. And then we came home so that I could water the garden beds and then lunch with the brood. And after that, it was napping time in the sunshine. I only lasted 15 minutes. It was too hot.

The walk was great because I walked very slowly. I did the same in the afternoon when Her Highness and I went to Rollo Park for our fetch play. I got through the entire day without panting and feeling weak in my legs.

I got a letter about the echocardiogram. I get it in January! January 27th, to be exact. But I don’t care because I don’t think it’s my heart anymore. I hope to hear from the asthma clinic this week. I shall wait to write because they will only have just posted the results of the blood work I had done on Tuesday, but I will follow up with them.

It's another stunning day. I plan to enjoy every second of it.
















No comments: