Monday, September 21, 2026

A Great My Day!

Sunday, My Day, passed beautifully, but until 16:00 I had a modest dose of anxiety nagging at me because I was worried about fetching Ali and Pete from the ferry, taking them home, and getting to The Surf in time to meet Eoin for dinner. I heard from them at 16:00 and relaxed. They were on the 16:05 ferry and it was on time. Phew!

Our day began as ever day does, with me at my computer and the brood, once fed very early in the morning, sleeping late. It was cloudy and cool. I lit a morning fire, watched my favourite bloggers weekly video on YouTube, posted, did dishes and then Her Highness went for our morning walk.

After our walk, I tweaked my script for the October SPACE event. Practicing it out loud leads to tweaks that improve it. I’m really pleased with the script now, so if you scroll down after reading this post, you’ll see another post and it contains the script I’m using.

Mid-day, we went for our second walk. We went to Rollo Park where the annual slow pitch softball tournament was being held. There were lots of teams, many of them indigenous, and it was really lovely to be around people having so much fun. And there was music and food and lots of onlookers picnicking. It was such a lovely atmosphere!

When we came home, she slept and I read. I love Angle of Repose. I’m reading for the second time and I’m saving the book to read again. Nothing beats a good book one I never want to put down or end. But I have John of John to read next and The Things We Never Say to read, and other books that come highly recommended.

At 16:30, I picked up Ali and Pete and dropped them off, after which I headed off to meet Eoin for dinner. It felt so good to be going out for dinner on such a beautiful evening of bright warm sunshine. I loved getting out and having someone else cook my dinner. And Eoin is always great company. 

When we were finished, I roared home to be reunited with Sheba and the twins. I am strongly bonded to my four-legged family.

It was 9° this morning and the highs for the coming week are only in the high teens. Morning fires are a must now. I shall be doing SPACE work and reading today, but first a thorough watering of all the beds is essential. Hopefully, we’ll get rain on Wednesday, so I might not need to water again until Friday. Fingers crossed.

Post below: my script for the October event.
















No comments: