| The Virginia Creeper is stunning! |
Saturday dawned sunny and a cool 13°. The pets let me sleep until 5:00, bless them. I lit a morning fire. It’s so lovely to come into a warm house. The morning fire keeps the house warm all day. I very rarely light an evening fire. I don’t need it.
I putzed around the house and posted on my blog, passing time until it was nice light outside and I was ready to go out and start watering. As I watered, clouds formed and it grew dull, but in two hours, every bed was soaking wet and I had the rest of the day to do as I pleased.
First, though, we went for our morning walk, and all went very well. Then we went into the village to shop to get peaches and strawberries with which to make a galette to take to Stacy’s for our dinner. Plus, I got a log of veggies with which to make a healthy pasta sauce today.
Making the galette was a treat. I had no time pressure and galette’s are so easy to make. That’s why I like them. And I sinned. I bought puff pastry because I just couldn’t face making some. I got white peaches and lovely red, ripe strawberries and it was a quick prep and bake.
Once done, I took Her Highness to Elder Cedar to walk. Although the sky was overcast, it was a very comfortable 20° as we walked in the grove. We passed two people, one a runner who just ran by offering a cheery hello, and a woman visiting the island from Victoria with whom I had a lovely chat.
When I got home, I fed the brood and then got myself into the spa. It was so quiet and calm outside. There was no wind, no dogs barking, not even Ravens haunting tonal notes and calls. I love being in warm water. I was raised in a home with no shower. Baths were the only option and I got hooked.
At 17:30, the sun came out. Just in time for my drive to Stacy’s house for dinner. I could not feel better than I did driving in the beautiful light of late afternoon, a light that feels like all the best parts of Fall. I drove slowly, taking in the view. Gabriola is truly a paradise island. And it’s populated with some wonderful people like Stace, her sister, Kris, and her brother-in-law, Steve. What a great way to spend a Saturday night, and how great to get a change of evening routine.
We all had a great time together at our dinner. I particularly loved playing with Tosca, Stacy’s lovely new Great Dane puppy. She is deliriously cute, happy and loving. All the food was good; it was a potluck supper. All of us guests departed at 21:00 and I raced home to be reunited with Sheba. It’s a fair drive from Stacy’s at the south end of the island to my place, and I didn’t pass a single car in the pitch-black night drive home.
Once home, I watched shots of Céline Dion singing at her Paris show that just opened for twenty-six shows. She’s a Qébecoise, how can I not love her? I’ve been watching her since she was a kid. She and René Simard. Her voice is not as strong, and neither seems she. She looked radiant but frail. Her diamond necklace was gorgeous. She was gorgeous. I love her! She’s still a miracle of a performer.
And now it’s My Day again. I shall Zoom at 10:00 with my fellow BC stutterers, and then I shall go to Silva Bay to meet Paula for fish tacos. This may be the last weekend of the Firetruck Grill and Sunday fish tacos. Sigh. I may have to water a little in the afternoon, otherwise I shall do more SPACE work.
No comments:
Post a Comment