Monday, September 7, 2026

My Day!

Sunday was gorgeous. It was 17° when we left for Silva Bay to get fish tacos. I’d taken Sheba to Rollo Park in the early morning, but she was not at all interested in walking. She was, however, very interested in barking at other people in the park. It’s as though she’s taking out her angst about her body on strangers.

There are only two more weekends when the Firetruck Grill will be open at Silva Bay. Sigh. I was glad to be going on another brilliant and beautiful day yesterday. I hope we’ll have good weekend weather so I can go for the last two weekends. There were lots of artisans selling their wares in booths, the musician playing was both great and not loud. 

I got my tacos and sat in the sun eating them. Sheba was comfortable under the table. When I was done, we wandered slowly through the booths. I was hoping to find some small sweet I could buy, but no. And then, just as I headed for the path back to the car, Kris and Steve arrived and they’d brought their thermos of coffee, so we had a lovely visit.

We came home, and Sheba wanted to sleep. I had intended to do some yard work, but instead, I got into the spa and then I did some reading. Later in the afternoon, we went to Rollo Park again to walk, and she was willing to walk a bit but not far, so we came home. 

I got back on the chaise, but no longer had I opened my book than I noticed Ursula and little Annie in the front yard, so I went out to talk to Annie and hang with her for a bit. (She’s eleven months old and already walking, tackling steps bravely and constantly saying “dog.”)

The evening was the usual, and we all went to bed early.

It’s clear skies this morning, but both today and tomorrow may be partly cloudy and there’s a chance of showers, but it seems unlikely that we’ll get any precipitation. Starting Wednesday, endless sunshine is predicted. 

I shall water today, and I hope that I find my mojo to do some yard work. Now that Sheba is largely home bound, I’ve a lot of her poop to clear from the yard, and I’ve mountains of cones to rake up and tote to the organic graveyard and the outdoor garden furniture to return to the studio for the Winter.
















No comments: