Cloudy sky returned yesterday morning. Morning fires are routine now, and I rejoice in every day that doesn’t require me to water the garden beds. I posted and did domestic chores all morning leading up to our walk. Fred was stomping around on the bed and howling at 4:00.
Waking my mind and body is equivalent to booting up and opening apps. Yesterday morning, within seconds of being awake, I was stewing about disappointing my SPACE colleagues. I let myself down and it hurts. But fuck that Canadian Stuttering Association! They deserved what I wrote to them. They should know how grandly they are failing me and others like me.
We went for our morning walk and then when we came home, I read until lunchtime, but I loved video chatting briefly with Beth and Bruce, who’s visiting the east. Then we all had lunch and afterwards Her Highness and I went for another walk and then to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription.
The vet wrote me a long and detailed email. I am so glad I am with this vet clinic! Sheba’s blood test revealed a ‘marked’ elevation in her liver enzymes. Although I don’t know exactly what that means, I know it is not good. She could have liver disease, or it could be because of long-term steroid usage. She’s going on medication and she’ll have regular blood tests going forward.
I also heard from the arborist. The invoice is for 25% of what I expected, so I am thrilled. I’ll be getting probably two to two and a half cords of wood from the tree, at a fraction of the cost of my regular supplier. Woo hoo!
We didn’t go on our evening walk. Mid-afternoon it started raining, so we skipped our evening walk. But man-oh-man if felt good to get so much rain all afternoon and evening, and to go to bed hearing the rainfall on the roof. I love that.
And this morning, it’s still raining. Now I miss watering. My watering days may be over for this season. There’s an even balance of sunshine and rainfall in the forecast. But hey, it’s Friday. We’ll walk when we can and I’ll read today. It’s going to be a slow day!
No comments:
Post a Comment