It was a happy morning for me yesterday, thanks to the rain and not having to water. I lit a fire, posted and did dishes and a load of laundry before taking Her Highness for our morning walk. What an exciting life I lead, eh?! Walking after a rainfall is lovely. The forest fragrances always trigger memories of walks from my past in England and France.
Much of my morning, was spent reading and posting. We had an early lunch, and then I read some more until it was time to Zoom with Aidan. I found out that Aidan and Devon were disappointed that I sent my screed to the Canadian Stuttering Association without giving them a chance to vet my response. They favour diplomacy and I chose to express my profound anger at their decision not to help me find other stutterers who had their bank accounts flagged as fraudulent because of the delay in our response to security questions. I still feel badly that I disappointed them.
At 16:00, I video chatted with Dianne. She’s coming here with her cousin Beverly for Thanksgiving. Our friend Jane my come down from Parksville as well. That was a fun call for me.
In the evening, I watched Amrum. I rented it from Apple TV because of the trailer I saw on YouTube (above). It is the most beautiful film, but it tells a bit of a harsh tale as we watch young Nanning learn how close to home cruelty can be. The cinematography is absolutely stunning. Amrum is a beautiful island off the coast of northern Germany, It is extremely picturesque as captured in this film. I loved it. It was a great way to end my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment