Saturday, September 19, 2026

Just Another Fine Day!

Friday was another stunning day, but I long for rain. It appears likely that the seasonal twitch from eternal sunshine to more of a mixed bag of weather is about to happen. I hope so. I need a break from watering, and I love the season of warm fires and good books.

Sometimes my mind wanders to recollections of things I used to really enjoy about Vancouver. Yesterday morning, I visualized walking along the seawall. It was an eleven kilometre walk from my place to the seawall, around the park, and back to my place. Once, I walked twice around the 8 K seawall. However, yesterday, the images that came to mind horrified me.

It was the thought of all the people and people noise that was always a part of walking the wall (except on dull and damp rainy days). That’s been a huge post-breakdown change in my temperament. I am now frightfully averse to contact with strangers.

I got an email from Blogger, the platform that hosts my blog, saying that they are going to remove a bunch of my videos and they included screenshots of the videos they intend to remove. They are not my videos, so I don’t know why I got the email and I wonder what is going to happen to my blog. Time will tell I guess. 

I decided to take Her Highness with me to join our dog walking group to walk part way with them, and then we’ll turn back. I haven’t walked with them for over a month, so it was fun to see everyone at first, but Sheba found some human poop, ate it, and got some all over her head so we turned around and I came home to wash her head. I was pissed.

What time is it? What’s up? What do you want to do? Worst of all, the name of the App we use at SPACE for communications: What’s App. I can’t say the words ‘what’ or what’s,’ and it’s driving me crazy. I say ‘wot’ or ‘wot’s’ instead. It’s the same trick I use for the words, ‘can’ and ‘can’t;’ instead I use the English pronunciation.

I Zoomed with Bonnie and Sue at 11:00. They are wonderful new friends. They are off to Greece and traveling up the Dalmatian coast, all the while checking their email to see if a house on Gabe has been listed that they like. They must vacate their current home, which they have sold, and that’s why they are do keen to find a place here.

When that call was done, I went outside to check on the garden beds. It turns out I had to do a thorough watering job. The forecast changed again. Now there is no rain forecast until next Thursday. Sigh. Mr. Hose and I spent the ensuing two hours intimately. Hopefully, today can pass without me watering again.

Last evening was the usual, but this morning was slightly unusual. The brood let me sleep in until 5:15. That is a real treat. I plan on reading today and working on my bit for the show in October. 
















No comments: