Thursday, September 17, 2026

I Can Hardly Wait to See this Film

 

Wednesday dawned bright and sunny, and it was a comfortable 14° when I went outside at 7:00 to water the garden beds. I got a good chunk of the watering done and then, for a break, I came in to fetch Sheba and to go for our morning walk. 

I loved watering in the cool fragrant morning air. I hear lots of birds that made me wish I knew which ones they were that I was hearing. I loved the cool air on my face. I keep feeling euphoric due to my love of all things natural. I’m so lucky to be a person who’s inspired and moved by the natural world.

Our walk was uplifting, and so was doing the watering. When I was finished the watering, we had lunch and then we did a fast run into the village to shop and then I hurried home to chat with Aidan at 14:00. We had a great talk and we could have gone on and on, but we signed off at 15:15 so that we could have a break before our board meeting at 16:00.

The board meeting went extremely well. There are a few of us who do a lot of work for SPACE, but most board members do little between meetings, so Aidan led a discussion about board members taking on more responsibility for driving areas of SPACE concern.

When that was done, I fed my lovelies and then I got into the spa to slow me down. Then it was the usual dinner and a movie.

It’s very cool that Canada may become the EU’s first associate member! It feels wonderful to also read that Trump is angry about Canada’s increasing trade relations with the EU.

I love Ed Sheeran. I feel terrible about what’s happening to his tour and reputation due to Mackelmore’s comment about Palestine (with which I am sympathetic). What a drag that politics is playing havoc with a good man’s tour.

Today, I won’t be watering. Instead, I’ll be doing some SPACE work and some reading. Tonight I dine with Kris, Steve and Nancy at Woodfire.
















No comments: