I wrote a while back, to Can Stutter, the Canadian national stuttering association, to ask for their help to ask their membership about their experience with accessing banking services. I wanted to speak for more than myself when I complained to the Ombudsman of Banking and Investment Services about my account being flagged as probably fraudulent by my bank.
On Friday, I heard back from them. They said ‘no.’ They also denied my associate, Devon, permission to alert their membership to the SPACE survey about accessing medical services. They are an insular, irrelevant, incompetent, and petty group of people, who do not serve the constituents they claim to care for. They are a cluster of fucks. I haven’t been so spitting angry in decades.
•
Yesterday began dull and dark. I lit a fire and started watering the garden beds. After I’d made a healthy start, I stopped to take Her Highness for a forest walk, and then, when we were home, I got busy with the SPACE database. It’s work I don’t mind doing at all, but after a few hours I stopped to go into the village to order a puffer refill and to get some groceries.
When I got home, I had a long Zoom with John and Bunny, and then it was time for Sheba and my afternoon walk. When I got home, I did more SPACE work, and then I had a lovely, long soak under cloudy skies. It’s such a privilege to be so wonderfully warm while outside on a dull and cool day. And to think that I wanted the tub removed when I bought the house.
As happens more and more often, last night I could not engage with the movie I selected. I am sick of police procedurals and all the clichés that go with the genre. So, I did more SPACE work and went to bed at 20:30. I don’t know why I was so tired, but I went directly to sleep when I got into my warm and cozy bed.
Today, I must stay home all day in case my Tezspire arrives. It is due either today or tomorrow, and I must be home to put it into the fridge right away. I shall finish the conference database this morning and then begin memorizing my bit for the SPACE show in October. And because it’s overcast, I doubt that I’ll need to do any watering today. Any day that I don’t have to water is a good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment